Bourjois Bio Detox Organic Foundation - Review

15 April 2013


Hello Everybody, hope you are all okay! Another review from me today. About a month ago, I brought this foundation from a shop in Daventry (you can read a full post here) and I was really excited about using it. After using it for a month, or in this case less than, I am giving you all my opinions on it. I have heard different reviews on this but this is my own personal opinion. This foundation is relatively new as far as I am aware, and it claims to:

"perfectly evens out the complexion, minimizing pores' appearance and concealing imperfections. Enriched with chlorophyll from plants that brings oxygen and filters pollution, it leaves the skin pure and fresh. Its formula melts onto the skin for a no mask effect."


I love Bourjois and I think a lot of their products are really good, especially The 10 hour sleep effect foundation, and I am really disappointed they even brought out this product. I was more than excited to use this foundation and the morning after buying it, it was the first thing I reached for. I am in colour vanilla (52). The colour in the bottle looked a bit dark and it was one of the lighter shades they had, but this was before testing. I pumped 2 - 3 pumps on the back of my hand and to my surprise it was VERY thick. I was a bit iffy but carried on applying. I dabbed the product onto my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin, and grabbed my brush and began blending. Upon trying to blend, the foundation was pretty much unmovable. It was clumpy, very dry and just dragged across my face. I have part oily skin with some dry areas and it made the dry patches look awful! Even after moisturizing  It looked cakey and it feels like paste was being dragged across my face. It doesn't last long on your skin at all and literally just flakes off. I wouldn't even rate this a 1 out of 10. Really bad product. I was really looking forward to treating my skin with an organic foundation. I don't know if I had a bad bottle, which is unlikely but if you have had this foundation please let me know because I would love to hear your opinions on it!


1 comment

Latest Instagrams


© kimberley. Design by Fearne.