Morphe 12NB Swatches/Review

7 October 2016


Payday weekend means one thing... shopping for makeup. I usually stick to the brands that I know work for me when I am buying makeup online, but after reading good things about the brand Morphe, I was very eager to give them a try. I was browsing Cult beauty, which for all the people in the UK, it is a website where we are able to get worldwide makeup brands shipped fast and easy to us. 

After hours of browsing cult beauty, I decided on what I was going to buy. Along with a lot of Morphe brushes (which are absolutely amazing) I decided to get my hands on the Morphe 12NB Natural Beauty Palette. I was very torn between this and the 35 Colour Fall into Frost Palette (35F) which is a much bigger palette containing 35 shadows and retails for £21.75. I went with the smaller Palette, as I have never tried anything from Morphe before I didn't want to dive straight in with one of the larger palettes just in case I didn't like their eye shadows. 


The Morphe 12NB Natural Beauty Palette retails for £13.25 (Cult Beauty) and it has 12 square eye shadows ranging from nudes to deep rust tones and you get a mixture of shimmer, mattes and satin eye shadows ,which make it very easy to transition from day to night time looks. 

I do have to mention, one of the first things I noticed about this palette upon opening was the smell. Does anybody else remember having makeup as a kid and that cheap smell that came along with those kind of products? That was the first thing that came into my mind when opening this. I think if you're going to write a review on a product you need to be honest, everybody isn't going to love every product and everybody is entitled to their own opinion. The packaging of this product is compact, matte black and actually seems although I do wish that It contained a mirror. It's already the perfect size for travelling, but it would be an extra perk if I didn't have to bring another mirror with me. 


Upon swatching this palette, I was actually quite impressed with the pigmentation of the shadows. I do suggest using a primer with these though as some of the lighter tones do need a bit of extra work to make them as visible and primer will also extend the longevity of these.  I do love this palette for the shades and it has been my go-to palette for my everyday looks.


Here are the swatches of the shadows and they are just one swipe so you can see the true pigmentation without me building them up.
 (I swatched the shadows in reverse compared to the palette, so please bear that in mind. I am working from my swatches, so shade 1 is technically shade 12 in the palette.)

Shade 1 - A matte burgundy shade. This has to be one of my favourite shadows in the whole palette, it is perfect for using in the outer V and lower lash line to really deepen the look.
Shade 2 - A cool tone matte brown, I've found myself using this as a transition colour on darker makeup looks and actually used it in my brows before! I did find this shade extremely chalky feeling, It does apply quite patchy but with a little time it does blend out smoothly.
Shade 3 - A warm tone matte brown. This shadow feels so silky and buttery compared to some of the others. It is a perfect everyday all over lid colour, or can be used in the crease.
Shade 4 - A matte chocolate brown. This shadow contains quite a lot of fall out, but does apply on the lid very pigmented. Build-able for maximum pigmentation.
Shade 5 - A metallic brown shimmer. Does need to be applied wet or with some kind of Fix + as you can't really see the metallic that well, it is quite subtle without. Would use all over the lid for a stronger makeup look or use on the bottom lash line to add some dimension to a simple look.
Shade 6 - This shade has a satin finish as is a warm brown but has some copper/orange tones to it. Can be worn all over the lid or use a tiny amount in the crease to create some definition.
Shade 7 - A pink/brown shimmer. This shadow does contain tiny gold flecks so bear that in mind. This one does apply quite easy but again, this one will leave you with a fair amount of fall out on your cheeks.
Shade 8 - A Soft brown with pink undertones, a really nice brown shade with with a hint of pink pigment that gives a really nice look as a transition shade, would be better for paler skin tones.
Shade 9 - A shimmer gold colour. I love this it is the perfect gold shade and is really shimmery so looks perfect with the rest of the eye matte. Use on the middle of the eyelid or on the lower lash line.
Shade 10 - Pale peach shade. Quite buttery and applies nicely, looks amazing on the eye lid or as an under brow highlight.
Shade 11 - A cool pink/white shade - A perfect highlight. I adore this I use this in the inner corner or under the brow. I have even used it as a face highlight. 
Shade 12 - This is just a white matte eye shadow, Quite disappointing as the pigment isn't that great and you can't really see it on the swatch or on the eye unless you had a deeper skin tone.


Overall I am quite pleased with the Palette and I am intrigued to try some more shadows from the brand. Have you tried the Morphe shadows? If so do all palettes have the weird smell?
I'm keen to find out...


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams


© kimberley. Design by Fearne.