Autumn is coming

9 September 2016


Its the beginning of September and I've been waiting since June for this time of year. I love autumn and I feel like this segment of the year is always so joyful and festive. The nights are slowly becoming darker, which only means its harder to get up in the morning. I would mention about the days getting colder but the UK has had some very strange weather this summer. I would expect the weather to start getting chillier so I can wear a coat and some boots, but the forecast for next week is 27-29 degrees. As everybody else from the UK knows, our weather system is very unreliable.

Although the weather isn't quite to suit I am feeling very autumnal. This time of year is the perfect excuse to; Get home from work and get straight into your pyjamas, to have way too many tea lights on every bit of furniture in your bedroom, have even more around your bubble bath too. To Spend too much money in lush, to own more than enough tartan scarfs and spend every penny of your wages on cute fluffy socks from Primark. To sit in your bedroom and watch fireworks out the window because your dog is scared of the bang and secretly so are you, To take a million photos of the rust coloured leaves hoping one of them is instagram worthy, to sit and watch horror films (while having half your face covered because you low-key hate them) to wear all the dark lip colours you couldn't wear during the summer as wearing blood red lipstick in 30 degree heat isn't a smart move. To wellies and long dog walks wrapped up in a beanie and your favourite boots, to uggs (the ugliest yet comfiest footwear to ever exist), to too many portions of soup and way too many pumpkin spiced lattes.

So now it's the perfect time of year for me to get back into blogging after being away for a very long time, What started as blogger block has ended up spending months away from here. I am turning over a new leaf and ready for what life throws at me with open arms. So as I sit here with my dressing gown and my caramel latte, this is me done.








1 comment

  1. Hey!!
    This post is great, i love your style of writing.
    I'm feeling exactly the same. I'm glad I'm not the only one that always over spends in Lush at this time of the year, aha!
    if you fancy a read, I'd love for you to check out my blog, http://bettybeeuk.com

    Bee
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams


© kimberley. Design by Fearne.