Revlon Colourburst Lipstick Shade 005 - Mauve

24 March 2013


Hello Everybody, hope you are all okay! Today I am doing a makeup product review, which I don't really seem to do but after getting some new products and I have just ordered a few MUA products, you should be seeing more soon! I brought this Lipstick from a small cosmetics shop in Daventry for a lot cheaper than what a Revlon counter would charge. You can read that post here. When I first seen this colour, I wasn't sure about it, because personally I think the purple tint made me feel a bit uneasy, but I am so glad I brought it. I have been using it for around a week everyday, and I have grown to love it.




Texture:
This is a creamy lipstick that feels light on the lips. It is very soft though, and I am surprised mine hasn't snapped in the tube yet. It's not drying but personally I don't feel it's very moisturizing for me, but that's my opinion. I do like it though and I will hopefully be buying it again.



Colour:
Mauve is a pinky purple colour. I am surprised that it fits my skin tone quite well because I tend to stick to dark nudes or quite dark colours so this is bright for me. I couldn't wear neon lips! It's sort of my lip colour but with an even colour and looks so much better. 


Packaging:
I also love the packaging of the Revlon Lipsticks. First off the design makes it look so sophisticated with the quilted pattern, and I like how it clicks when you push the top on, there is something satisfying about that noise! I also like how the colour name and number is printed on the bottom, and the colour is on the lid so you can easily see it without opening the tube or looking underneath.

I recommend this lipstick, and I also really want the try the lip butters as I have heard a lot about them too. I hope you enjoyed this review, and hopefully I will be doing a few more in the next few weeks, and they will probably be a bit better than this one!

Also I just want to ask, I am a nail biter and have been for years! I am due to start college in September and they told me I need to grow and improve my nails, and I wondered if any of you have any tips that will help growth and health, because when mine do grow they are very thin! I would really appreciate it!

Thank you for reading!


2 comments

  1. Gorgeous colour..and onto my wishlist it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the shade of this lippie, darker reds and are my favs! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams


© kimberley. Design by Fearne.