Guest Post - A Blog Named Beauty

29 April 2013

Hey Everyone! My name is Beth and I run the blog “ablognamedbeauty”. Kimberley and I spoke over email about doing some guest posts, to which I thought was a great idea! Fashion and Beauty are pretty much my passion and I love reading and writing about them.  We exchanged ideas and came up with the idea of a summer lookbook type thing. Basically what you would wear on a “Hot” ( if you live in England I wouldn't describe it as hot, most likely “mild” weather) Summers Day. We chose to do casual styling as we thought that it would be most appropriate and it’s what we both love.  So, without further ado I will get started on my blog post!


The outfit I have chosen is a “classy yet casual” style.  The dress is from Topshop and I absolutely love the colour.  I feel like this Coral colour is very on trend for spring and summer this year and it’s a very “pick me up” colour.  The dress is fairly formal for a typical “summer dress” so I decided to pair it with a denim shirt. I would wear this denim shirt open and loose, just to break up the bold colour and add some extra coverage on the arms. I like how you can instantly swap up the look by taking off the denim shirt and replacing with a leather jacket or cardigan. I paired this outfit with gold statement accessories as I love the colour gold for jewellery and I think the statement necklace, earrings and bracelet really adds to the outfit. For shoes I chose simple white converse for a casual look, placed with cream/white lace socks that add a feminine vibe to the whole outfit. The bag is fairly simple and small, but large enough to fit day to day items such as phone, purse and makeup.

For makeup I chose to go for the “glowy, dewy bronzed look.” I chose Mac’s studio moisture tint as it is very light coverage and you don’t tend to need much powder over the top. I chose bourjois’ bronzer because I think this bronzer isn’t too orange but doesn’t make you look overly bronzed either.  I chose a coral blush, namely “Coralista” by Benefit, coral lipstick in “Vegas Volt” by MAC, coral lip-gloss in “Coralista” by Benefit and a coral nail polish by Rimmel. I thought by adding these coral accents it would really bring my outfit together! To achieve the glowy look, I added a liquid highlighter in “high beam” by Benefit.

For hair I went for the messy boho style. My outfit is fairly structured and simple items so I wanted to add a messy vibe to the whole look. By using sea salt sprays and shine sprays you really can achieve natural looking beachy waves (let me know if you would like a blog post on this).  I added a floral garland headband that you could add and also some sunglasses to add to the summer look (even if you may not need them in England;))

Hope you enjoyed reading my guest post on a summery look. I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did creating it! Hope you can check out my blog at www.ablognamedbeauty.blogspot.com I hope to speak to many of you in the future and I hope to do more guest posts with Kimberley in the times to come. I enjoyed it very much. I do enjoy meeting new bloggers so if you ever want to guest post with me, let me know as I find it so much fun!

All the Best,
Beth xo


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams


© kimberley. Design by Fearne.