Money Supermarket's Inspect A Gadget - Phillips ESee HD Camcorder* Review

4 June 2013


 Hello Everybody, hope you are all okay! This is a late review as I actually received the product over a week ago, but amazon slow delivery with the memory card meant I couldn't actually use it for a while which was very annoying! As you can see I got a camcorder! I wanted to share this as I know a lot of you bloggers would be interested and always are in photography/filming gadgets!

Money Supermarket were offering bloggers the chance to review one of five different  inexpensive gadgets (£50 or less) as part of their inspectagadget competition I jumped at the chance and couldn't wait to be involved! The options included a tablet, e-reader, mp3 and DVD player and the Philips HD camcorder*. The other options are great, but I have an iPad, iPod etc and didn't need anymore.




I have a DSLR but it doesn't film and I am due to start training as a makeup artist and nail technician in September and I thought filming some of my work would be great. Also I have wanted to make a YouTube account for a while and now I finally can! You can subscribe in the post below! The great thing about this camcorder is as well as recording this camera also takes pictures which is great because I don't have a small camera and it's a pain carrying around a DSLR all the time and you just don't get the quality on a photo taken on your phone! The camera is quite small roughly about the size of an iphone but the quality is fantastic for something so small!




This camera films in HD 1080p, takes 12 Megapixel pictures, it has a flash and it is also touch screen. I absolutely love it and can't wait to start filming videos! I would like to film little vlogs and stuff too which would be fun?! Also a great thing about the camcorder is that the screen also turns round so you can see yourself when filming which is great as I would always end up with out of focus video's or chopping half my head off or something!

The camcorder actually has a built in USB so you can easily transfer pictures and videos which is handy because I have so many cables in my room I would lose it! However the placement of the usb is a bit awkward because you have to find something to lean it against to charge etc so that's a bit of a let down but it really is a fantastic device and I couldn't let something so small affect my love for it! Another negative is that the internal memory is very small (roughly 14 seconds of film) and requires an SD micro sim to be able to use it which can be picked up pretty cheap at £5 on Amazon, although the delivery wasn't great so be prepared to wait a few days!



I have said everything I love about the camera but the price? It's an absolute steal at a bargain price of £51.99 from expansys which you can purchase here. I can fully recommend this website, I can't believe the quick delivery! I ordered quite late around 6 o'clock and the next morning it had arrived by 9.30! 




I would really recommend this and I can't wait to start using it a bit more! Hopefully you will see some videos from me soon! What do you think of it?


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams


© kimberley. Design by Fearne.