Money Supermarkets Home Improvement Challenge* full bedroom transformation with just £50?!

29 July 2013

WARNING: THIS POST IS VERY PICTURE HEAVY

Hello Everybody, hope you are all okay! Sorry I haven't posted in nearly a month! I have been so busy doing this challenge and putting 100% effort into it to hopefully win the grand prize! MoneySupermarket have come up with another fantastic challenge for bloggers – they have sent me £50* to makeover a room and change its look and how it feels. 




A few months ago I decided I wanted to change my room, but only got round to doing one wall, so I had a half decorated bedroom with 1 wall of wallpaper, the rest was concrete! I feel like I have done a full bedroom transformation and I didn't go over the budget! I did use a few things that were left over in the garage (some paint for my mirror and paint brushes) other than that I brought everything myself and here is my post showing you how I did it!

Also the room isn't completely finished as of yet, but it is very very close to, just need new curtains and to put up a few photos!

Here are the photo's, I hope you enjoy!

My bedroom before:










As you can see from the pictures above the room is a complete mess! Here are a few step by step pictures of the process of me and my boyfriend decorating it, it took us just over a week and a half to fully transform it! More details will be at the end of the post!

Decorating process:













Now, after these photos I did forget to take some more, (putting up the wallpaper, changing bedding, painting furniture) but as you will see from the photos below, this is my room as of now! It is not completely finished and still needs a lot more things, but you can see the transformation I have made and I am so so proud of myself for bargain hunting so well to do this on such a low budget! Prior to starting the challenge I hunted for 2+ weeks looking for the cheapest items and I am so so proud of the outcome!











 Here is just a before and after photo of my desk, how cute did it come out afterwards?!


PRODUCTS BROUGHT:
floral wallpaper - £5 per roll, brought 3 rolls
lining paper - £2 per roll - brought 5 rolls
paint - £6 per tub, brought 1 tub (wilko value)
gloss to paint furniture - £8
decor - from the 99p store
fairy lights - 99p store 
TOTAL SPENT: £48

ALREADY HAD:
Pink paint for mirror
candles
some of the decor
and a tin of gloss

As you can see, I put up wallpaper, painted, painted furniture and a mirror so most of it was a lot of DIY. I hope the pictures are clear enough! I am really proud of the work and the effort I have put into this, please share and leave comments because I really want to win the prize for the best transformation!

RETWEET MY TWEET I WILL POST AT @kimberleeeey1

Thank you so much and Thank you again to Money Supermarket for choosing me to get involved


6 comments

  1. Wow! I am in love with that floral wallpaper! I think it looks great :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wallpaper is gorgeous!! Where did you buy it from? xx

    paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a shop near me called b&m its like a discount store, was only £5 per roll!!! xxx

      Delete
  3. wow this looks gorgeous, such an awesome room you have now!
    and love love love your blog, awesome layout and posts :)
    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Facebook + Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty pictures. Really I seems that rugs are good way to decoration for home.Quality Beds and Mattresses

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams


© kimberley. Design by Fearne.