FIRST IMPRESSIONS: L'OREAL PARIS TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION

18 September 2016


Hello Again, I hope you are all well and have had a lovely (very hot..too hot) week. I've not been feeling so great the last few days, having a cold in 30 degree heat has to possibly be one of the worst things to deal with! A light and easy post today all about my first impressions/review of the L'oreal True Match foundation!


THEY SAY:
The new vision of skin matching technology. With the finest pigments, invisible to the naked eye and a creamy ultra-gliding texture for a unique silky touch. Giving you a natural finish. The new technology captures the undertones from warm, neutral to cool.

NEW FEATURES:
  • New true match, super blendable foundation
  • The new formula contains 3 new shade enhancers for shade matching precision
  • Skin perfecting pigments and the ultra gliding creamy texture give a homogeneous finish
  • Even better colour matching, and more luminous and radiant skin than before
  • Even longer wear and better comfort
  • All you see is your skin at it's best
The formula of this foundation is quite thick compared to other foundations I have used in the past but easily blend-able. I found the best way to apply was with a Beauty Sponge. I did try to apply with a foundation brush but I found it was just moving around my face not sinking in and applying smooth like it would with a sponge. 


The finish on this foundation is kind of semi-matte, it has a bit of a glow so that you look healthy, but not in a oily or greasy kind of way. I always apply a face powder to set my foundation, I always have done, so the finish doesn't really bother me. I would personally say I think this would suit combination skin better than oily skin as I've read a few reviews of people feeling like the foundation is "slipping off their face" having oily skin, I personally couldn't comment as my skin is combination. 

I do really like the staying power of this foundation. I usually get 6+ hours out of foundation before It starts to look patchy and shiny, but I had this on for 10 hours on the day I tested it out, and other than needing to touch up my nose and forehead, it still looked really good!


In terms of coverage this foundation is up there with one of the best. I don't have 'problematic skin' a few uneven patches and discolouration, but no obvious blemishes. Although my skin is fairly good I still prefer to have a full coverage base (personal preference). I would say this is a medium to full coverage foundation which I found to be build-able on area's where I wanted a bit more coverage. 

I think the most amazing thing about this foundation is that in the UK they have an amazing 23 shades to choose from! I don't tend to have a problem finding a colour to match my skin, but they are so many skin tones that this foundation has you covered! It has neutrals for pink undertones and yellows, and has warm and cool toned deeper shades. Currently retails for £7-£10 in the UK.

Have you tried out this foundation? If so, what did you think of it?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams


© kimberley. Design by Fearne.