How To: Relax after a long days work...

20 September 2016


I don’t know about anybody else, but working full time can really take it's toll on you. Recently I am coming home from work Exhausted. I work in a warehouse so it's constant, always on your feet busy. This never used to bother me before, but recently it really has been. I think my brain is just in constant work mode since I got promoted, I feel like I have more responsibility but that also means I don't really 'switch off' and before you know it I'm back at work again. The last few weeks I have been making a conscious effort to 'relax' not just physically but mentally as well. Finding that balance with being lazy and relaxing yet being productive is something i'm still trying to figure out. I get home and think about too many things I need to do weather that is; washing, writing blog posts, editing photos, cleaning etc and I think I just need to stop. Stop thinking and just take some time for me. 


CHANGE INTO COMFY CLOTHES
There’s no better feeling than getting home from work and changing into a comfy pair of pyjamas or just a baggy t-shirt and some leggings. Changing out of my work uniform is the first thing I do as soon as I am home and I think Its a great way of letting yourself know that, actually now you're in your home and you can chill out!

UNPLUG FOR  A WHILE
Although this is something I should do more often, It really is great. Turn off the phone, the iPad, the computer and just relax. Find yourself a good series on Netflix or an easy-watch movie where you don't have to think too much about it and just take some time for yourself.

TAKE  A BUBBLE BATH
Since having a shower put in a few months back, I feel like I never just have a nice bubble bath anymore as showers are always just a bit more convenient. I brought a few new bath products the other days and now I just want to stay in a nice bath forever (if that means I wouldn't go prune-y!) After a busy day at work in my steel toe cap boots, there’s nothing like sliding into a nice hot bubble bath. Drop in some essential oils, a lavender scented bath cream and light a few candles and you're all set for a nice little pamper.

MUSIC
Music is a great way to help you relax, weather its your favourite pop songs you want to sing and dance around too, or nice classical music. I am a huge fan of Spotify and I love the fact that you can browse different music depending on your mood. I am a huge fan of the 'Chill'  category and a great tip, if you are ever having trouble sleeping there is a category called 'Sleep' and a playlist called 'The most beautiful songs in the world'  and it will change your life. It is the most relaxing/beautiful way to wind down at the end of the day or to fall asleep too. 

DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE
If you're a bit like me and you can't fully wind down if you know you have things you need to do, then these are some great tips. Before you start to wind down (turning off technology/bath, etc..) This is the time to get them last minute emails,blog posts written. You want to do it while your brain is still in work/concentration mode as this is the best time to do it. Then continue with the rest of your evening. Give yourself 45 minutes-1 hour of computer time (unless you have more time to spare!) and try to be as productive as possible, there is nothing worse than having a nice bath and a cup of tea in bed then shooting up realising you never did publish that blog post that needed to be up 2 hours ago!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


These are my suggestions for winding down after a long day. Do you have any other suggestions? How do you relax after a long day? Let me know in the comments.

Kimberley
xx 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams


© kimberley. Design by Fearne.